Breads Are Our Life
Artisan Sourdough Breads at BC2
Artisan: One who practices an art; a skilled craftsman. Also, one who produces something in limited quantities often using traditional methods.*
Every loaf of bread you buy at BC2 Bakery has been prepared with a few simple ingredients, leavened with natural wild yeast, and shaped by hand. Many of our breads use a sourdough starter. For the breads that are not sourdough, we use a sponge method to build flavor over a period of time. Unlike mass produced loaves of bread, our breads truly are artisan—small quantities, traditional methods, created with skill and craft.
We offer free samples of bread because we want everyone who enters the store to taste a really good bread, bread the way it is meant to be—full of flavor with a wonderful chewy texture and a crusty exterior. We use kosher salt in our breads, usually barley malt as the sweetener, and offer a selection of vegan breads. Our flours are unbleached, and our whole wheat flour is whole grain, stone ground high protein spring wheat.
- 12-grain Levain: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
- Baguettes—traditional French: daily; whole wheat French, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
- Challah: Friday
- Garlic Sourdough: Tuesday through Saturday
- Rye Bread: Saturday only
- Three Cheese Chorizo Sourdough: Tuesday through Saturday
- Traditional French Round: Daily
- Traditional Sourdough: Tuesday through Saturday
- Whole Wheat Cherry Almond: Saturday only
- Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin: Saturday
- Whole Wheat French Round: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
Click here to view the daily baking schedule.
* Sources: Webster’s New Twentieth Century Dictionary, unabridged, 2nd edition. Also Merriam Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th edition.